Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sick, sick sick...

So today started of terribly. I wake up, look at the clock- my alarm has gone off about an hour ago and I have exactly 8 minutes to get to class. Oh dear... So I brush my teeth and jet on over to class- but this is where it starts to look up- my class is cancelled!! So I stumbled my way, sleepily, back to my dorm room to go back to bed. This time I set a new alarm to wake me up an hour before my next class (which starts at 12:30), and sleep through my alarm AGAIN. Luckily, I only slept through like fifteen minutes.

At this point, I'm not feeling so great. Chris (my best gay friend's boyfriend, a.k.a. my second best gay friend who likes to call me soulless ginger) has already come by my room to force feed me Theraflu and Airborne, which I am very thankful for. So I drag myself to possibly my worst class, my Freshman Studies class, and try to keep my eyes open while my professor strolls around the room pretentiously, ranting about how Japanese people are the best- whatever. Anyway, after that horrendous experience St. Edward's likes to call "Swords, Silk and Silicon," I wander back up to my dorm room and try to sit at my desk and not day dream about the wonderful sleep I could be enjoying. Thanks to Blake (my best gay friend) I was able to stay awake and make it in time to my American History class at 3:30.

Now I say American History, but really my class is Texas History. As I predicted, my professor bypasses that whole "Revolutionary War" thing and skipped straight from the Spanish missions in San Antonio to the settling of Texas by Stephen F. Austin. I almost died. But now I am back in my room, wondering if the expiration date on my cough medicine is legitimate, and if you can really die off of one small dose of expired cough medicine anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment