Monday, September 20, 2010

Harry Potter (it's not what you think)

Today I watched A Very Potter Musical with my friend Tori. My love of Harry Potter is rather embarrassing, but for the purposes of this blog, I'll put my embarrassment aside just for today. Ok, so I've pretty much read every Harry Potter book like a bunch of times because I like to listen to them read by Jim Dale, I have a pretty good knowledge of the books- I like to think.

As I listen to the books, I can't help but notice how all the important characters have ties to the ginger race.

Exhibit A: The Weasleys. All very important, very bad ass, and very ginger. Ron is the protagonists side kick, he helps to defeat Voldemort, he is Hermone's love interest and he is cool. Ginny is Harry's future wife, ginger and awesome. Mrs. Weasley kills Bellatrix Lestrange- bad ass. Charlie Weasley tames dragons- bad ass. Bill Weasley is sort of a werewolf and is married to a super hot chick- neat. Fred and George provide comic relief in the books and give Harry the Marauder's Map (which is useful). Mr. Weasley is just cool. Persey is kind of a prat, but he is still vital in the books- and he is ginger, which redeems his bad qualities.

Exhibit B: Harry Potter. Sure, he is not himself a ginger, but we see in the movies that his mother, who saves his life against Voldemort, is a ginger. This means Harry and Ginny's children will undoubtedly be at least half gingers, although they don't say that in the books. Harry's best friend is a ginger (as I've already pointed out). Also, Harry's mother is really the heroine of the books. If it were not for her Snape would not be on the side of good (in the end), Harry wouldn't have survived to kill Voldemort, and pretty much the whole plot line would've been shot to hell in the first chapter.

My arguement clearly shows that J.K. Rowling has a soft spot for my people. Good for her.

Now, to redeem myself and put Kevin in the better mood. Today I could hardly pay attention in class because on Thursday I will be flying to Boston and taking a train to Wooo-oooostah (Worcester) to visit my beloved Kevin and see his beautiful smile and make him feel SOOOO special. I love him (even though he isn't ginger). He's blonde though, which means our babies would be have ginger half Aryan which makes them perfect. And super hot. *Ah* to be ginger and in love.

2 comments: