Well I suppose, before I get started on my story, I should probably explain to you what I do in the flower shop. The Blooming Idea is basically an events company on the weekends. We make flowers and decorate for weddings every weekend, sometimes six times in a weekend. During the week, usually starting about Wednesday, we start to make all the arrangements: the bouquets, the altar arrangements, the table arrangements, etc. So by Saturday we don't (usually) have any floral ART to make, we just need to deliver it. Delivering a wedding can range from the easy set up to the ridiculous. It's a lot of heavy lifting (surprisingly) and running around crazy. Then, sometimes- a lot of the time, when the ceremony is over and the guests all move to the reception to party- we have to take all of the decorations from the ceremony down. So it is a long involved process that will consume a Saturday like nobody's business.
This weekend there were only two weddings (well three but one was on Friday so it doesn't count). One was a fair size and the other was absolutely giant. Everyone in the shop worked until almost 9 PM yesterday. The wedding was at the Carlton Woods Country Club, who we regularly do business with, and the reception and ceremony were at two different club houses- the Nickolaus and the Fazio. We were literally running around like crazy people making this happen. After the ceremony we had to take four arrangements over to the Fazio for the reception- easy you say? Well the arrangements were each on a candelabra weighing so much that two people had to carry each candelabra. The moral of the story is, I was far too tired to do anything last night.
I actually feel a little bad, Blake and Chelsea were trying to guilt trip me for saying I felt too tired to see them last night and I kind of exploded... but not really- and it felt good no matter how mean it was. I drank a couple beers and fell asleep on the couch watching Lord of the Rings by like 11.
Lord of the Rings tends to send me into narcoleptic fits, kind of like drinking a lot of cough medicine. A lot of movies do that though. There aren't really a lot of gingers in the movie- maybe that's why I can't stay awake for it. Maybe Sam is a ginger- I usually asleep before Sam makes his appearance anyway. I think there may be a ginger Elf- but I am DEFINITELY asleep before she makes her appearance.
My weekend may have been hard work, but it was worth it because I got paid and now I have enough money to get my train ticket from Boston to Wooo-oooostah on Thursday :D I can't wait- less than a week before I leave !!
No comments:
Post a Comment