Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Romantic Weekend in Worcester/Boston

So this weekend I went to visit my boyfriend, Kevin, at his school in Worcester. I am going to escape my ginger obsession for one post to tell you about my romantic venture.

On Thursday I arrived in Boston twenty minutes late and ended up missing my train. I finally arrived in Worcester (Woostah) at like five in the afternoon. Kevin picked me up and we went to his dorm to meet his lovely new friends. It was nice. He gave me a campus tour. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. After leaving humid humid humid Austin, Texas it was *wicked* refreshing to be in a place where there is a breeze and a nice temperature. Thursday was uneventful, but it was great to see Kevin again.

Friday Kevin had class and I did homework reclusively in his dorm room. Kevin lives on an all guys floor by the way so I had to walk ALL the way down from the fourth floor to the second floor to use a bathroom, it was lame- but whatever. Friday night we hung around campus, smoked Kevin's hookah and went to a kinda party but didn't stay long. We hung out on the "rape" stairs for a while because it was so nice out. There is a really high percentage of rape on Worcester Polytechnic Institute's campus, so they built stairs that are designed for women to be able to run up them quickly, leaving rapists in the dust :).

Saturday we slept in and then went into Boston for the day. We strolled around Boston Commons and the Public Garden. They were really nice. In Boston they have really nice grass, unlike Texas. We wandered over to Quincy Market and I had a lobster sandwich, which was delicious, and I made Kevin FINALLY buy me a postcard, which I will be expecting in the mail ASAP. The trains in Boston are retarded so we wandered around until about 11 and then made our way over to Logan Airport to wait until 4:30 AM Sunday morning so I could get on my flight. Kevin and I were both getting kind of loopy but it was nice to spend time together.

We finally parted ways on Sunday. I walked past security and got "randomly" searched where they took away my shaving cream, which was neither liquid nor in an aerosol can but left me my lighter so I could effectively light my plane on fire. About fifteen minutes after getting past security and sitting down at my gate I realized Kevin wasn't coming back and I started bawling like an idiot- as per tradition. So I sad crying for about an hour looking disgusting covered in city smog and in sweatpants and a hoodie, whilst onlookers tried to avoid eye contact :/

My flight landed in Chicago after I lay comatose across my tray table for the entire flight. People in Chicago did not improve my mood. I went to get some coffee at Starbucks (and I was extremely excited that they had Pumpkin Spice Latte's again for the fall). This sweet British man ordering in front of me got totally thrown under the bus by the baristas at Starbucks. They legitimately messed up his order, to which he said very politely "Excuse me but this isn't what I ordered." It is seven o'clock in the morning. The barista replied "Too bad, you already paid for it." I must have had an aghast look on my face because the barista was a total bitch to me too. Finally I was able to get back to sleep on my flight back to Austin and was promptly picked up by my brother at the airport, what a sweety.

I went back to my dorm, took a shower and lay comatose in my bed until five in the evening. The trip was lovely, but if I had to do it again- A. I would've got a later flight, because poor Kevin looked like he was about to pass out in the airport; and B. I would not have flied via Chicago because they are all assholes.

I can't wait to see Kevin again (hopefully) at the end of October, and he can be on my turf where I have a car to pick him up and drop him off at the airport if I so chose. My weekend was wonderful and I only wish I didn't have as many tests this week.

Also, just to throw in my normal ginger flair: there is a boy on Kevin's campus from Georgia (the country not the state) who is a total ging- awesome. Further proving that gingers are natural born geniuses and a staple at tech schools such as WPI.

No comments:

Post a Comment