So today I woke up and did my laundry and homework. Then I went to my sister's for a marathon event of chick flicks and general girly-ness.
We watched the entire first season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It was pretty exciting/extremely entertaining. Now I know, I should be ashamed, but to be honest- sometimes I need a little mindless television. Who's to say that we need to follow a plot and figure out things. I don't want to be confused and thoughtful when I watch television (like when I watched Lost- I was "lost" hah). We just hung out talking about the lives of the Kardashians. It was nice.
Then for the main event- Twilight Saga: New Moon. It was awesome. I mean, the movies are terrible- the acting absolutely awful. However, they feature a strong ginger villain- Victoria. Her red hair really touches to my inner soul. And I think subconsciously- I watch it for the gingerness of it all. Plus all the characters are super pale, something I can really relate to. And sure, instead of sparkling in the sun I fry like a piece of bacon, but I'd light to think my pale skin is extremely irresistible like Edward Cullen. And it probably is, but I won't get too full of myself. I think Twilight does a good job of catering to the ginger audience (plus the gigantic teenage demographic).
I cannot, however, give an excuse for whats-her-face (butterface) who plays Bella. She is terrible, she can't speak, she sounds like she's constipated the entire movie. Sure maybe she's supposed to show her longing for Edwards body- but to be honest- he is not very attractive. In fact, their relationship is just a domestic violence issue that is too horrendous to describe- so they call it "love."
Lucky for Kevin, my vampire-esk pale skin does not come along with the desire to kill and eat him. Also, did you know Katherine Heigl is the Meg Ryan of our generation?
No comments:
Post a Comment